Font Size

Maximum text Medium text Small text

Honolulu City and County's Resource for Aging, Disability and Caregiving


Now available from the Department of the Attorney General, Crime Prevention and Justice Assistance Division:

Hawaii's Fraud Prevention and Resource Guide, 3rd Edition (May 2020)

PDF 24.8 MB




Looking for assistance in response to COVID-19?  Click here for Aloha United Way's 211 Information & Referral service. 


Addressing Landlord and Tenant Concerns Regarding Eviction for Unpaid Rent Due to COVID-19  

Renters on Oʻahu, here’s what you need to know about the important changes to Hawaiʻi eviction law:

  • Changes start on August 6, 2021, just before midnight.
  • A timeline for renters to follow when they have past due rent and may receive an eviction notice. How to seek assistance and work out agreements with landlords.
  • Renters have the right to request mediation. Landlords must participate in mediation as a part of the eviction process.

We strongly urge renters who are concerned about receiving an eviction notice to start making a plan now.  For Section 8 participants, you may lose your voucher if you are evicted. Reach out to the Legal Aid Society of Hawaii at (808) 536-4302, your attorney, or, The Mediation Center of the Pacific at (808) 807-0080 to learn more about the changes to the eviction law and your options.

To learn about the rights of renters or landlords, call the State of Hawaiʻi’s Landlord/Tenant Information Center hotline at (808) 586-2634.

  • Tenants Rights and Responsibilities (Click Here)
  • Act 57, Oahu 15-Day Calendar Notice (Click Here)
  • Mediation Center of the Pacific – Act 57, Eviction Mediation Program (Click Here)
  • Catholic Charities Hawaii–Emergency Rental Assistance Programs (Click Here)

 Posted 7/29/2021



Elderly Affairs Division's Quick Links:


KUPUNA CAREGIVER Program Information:

For the City & County of Honolulu, the Elderly Affairs Division provides Adult Day Care services through the Kupuna Caregiver program.  Up to $210 of Adult Day Care services may be provided to program participants each week.  The benefit is paid directly to the service provider and participants are responsible for any excess cost over the benefit amount.  To be eligible, a primary caregiver must be employed at least 30 hours/week.  The care recipient must be 60 years or older and have impairments in conducting activities of daily living (ADL) and/or instrumental activities of daily living (IADL).  

Frequently asked questions:



Do you provide services to elders or persons with disabilities?  Would you like to be listed in our online database?






ABOUT Our Services

We help people find assistance for aging, disability and caregiving, such as with Nutrition, Housing, Transportation, and Financing. Learn more about our services.

If you can't find what you are looking for on our website, call the Helpline at 808-768-7700.

Visit About Us to learn more about the Elderly Affairs Division.

Check out our Calendar of Events.

Assess My Needs Use this tool to find out what you need.

About the Honolulu Elderly Affairs Division

Elder woman kissing smiling husband on forehead.

The Elderly Affairs Division (EAD), a division of the Department of Community Services of the city and county of Honolulu, is your local Area Agency on Aging

Woman in wheelchair smiling at library.

Its purpose is to plan, support and advocate for programs to promote the well-being of Oahu's older adults and caregivers and to address and respond to the priority needs of all seniors.

Adult son smiling with mother.

Please read our Area Plan on Aging to learn more about EAD.

FIND Services and Products

Search our directory to find services and products in the community.

Publications and brochures , including the Senior Information & Assistance Handbook, Family Caregiver Guide, and Oahu Housing Guide.

APPLY for Government Assistance

Determine eligibility and learn how to apply for assistance programs.



  • Click here to read the ADRC Hawaii Database Policies and Procedures and how to apply.

For Help Call: